This is a short article on a Jumia product for sellers in Jumia Seller center. i have highlighted below all the current possible ways to create a Jumia sellers account product in steps.
After putting every needed info on your profile, its now time to create products and start selling.
There are 4 ways to create products. Each of them is covered with screenshots below.
1. List your products
The fastest and easiest way to create a product, if they already exist on Jumia.
You will find the easiest and fastest way to create your products if they are already being sold on Jumia by another seller.
Just make sure that the product you are going to sell is exactly identical to the one on Jumia in terms of name, full detailed description, and color.
How to create products using the “sell yours” option.
2. Create products using Pre-Existing content
3. Create products manually (one by one)
- Image needs to be 680 x 850 pixel.
- The maximum file size should be 200kb.
- White background is recommended.
- No watermark.
4. Create products using CSV import
Product image guidelines
Here are guidelines for pictures you use for your products. Jumia is strict when it comes to product quality. So you have to adhere to the rules. Follow the guidelines below.
Fashion Clothing (Dresses, Tops, Shirts, Trousers etc.)
Shots required (3 shots) – Front, Back, Cropped shot of the fabric.
You can angle your item to the side if the item has unique details on the sides.
Fashion accessories – Watches
Shots required (2 to 3 shots) – Front & Back. For items that come with premium packaging like Casio watches you can include shot of the packaging.
For smartwatches or designer watches that come with a warranty please include the warranty tag on the watch.
Necklaces & earrings
Shots required (1 to 2 shots) if the item is a set always include the full image of the item as a set.
Shots required (4 shots) – 45 degree angle, Front, Back, Side).
Shots required (3 shots) 45 degree, Back, Inside of the bag).
Shots requires (1 or 2 shots or more depending on functionality of the product) a clear shot of the product being sold.
You can be creative and add swatches for your products that is for beauty products.
Electronics & home living
For electronic number of shots is determined by the functionality of the item. Minimum of 2 shots required.
If the item comes with warranty please include the warranty tag on the image.
Bundling of free items
For items being sold with free items first image must be a representation of the bundle. Please use the Jumia red plus sign to indicate the free item.
Use of models on the website
You are allowed to use models to display your items on the website. The poses must be professional and must not take away attention from the item that is being sold.
The poses used on the model must show the item at good angles example front, back or side.
Use minimalist styling to allow the attention to be focused on the item being sold.
The item styled with a proper pair of shoe is enough to display a dress for example.
The idea is to make the item flattering on the model hence it is advisable to use a model who represents your brand and what it stands for.
Technical requirements for images
- Image must be 500 x 500 to 2000 x 2000 pixels.
- Images format accepted is jpg.
- Your images must not be pixelated or of low quality.
Standards for product images
- Image must be the professional photograph of the product being sold.
- The image must not contain additional items of things that are not being sold with the item.
- Image must be in focus, professionally lit and photographed.
- Product should fill 85% or more of the image frame.
- The full product must be captured in the frame and not a snippet of the product.
- Backgrounds must be pure white (RGB 255,255,255). Additional images with different backgrounds can be added as additional images.
- Image must be free from additional text like watermarks, backlinks or other forms of text.
- In instances where the brand has full rights to the product and is the sole owner of the images watermarks will be accepted but they must match the brand/seller name on Jumia. Image must portray what is being sold.
- You must be aware of infringing on copyrighted images in case you decide to download images from the internet.
- P*rnographic and offensive materials are not allowed.
- Other products or objects are allowed to help demonstrate the use or scale of product.
5 simple tips to sell better with good images
- Products on white background sell better as the product looks clean, it’s non-distractive and colors are true on a white background.
- Don’t make your background too busy, or too different from photo to photo, or it will turn into a distraction.
- Clean or white backgrounds have been proven to increase profitability as customers interact better with clean backgrounds.
- Consistency will help you sell your products better.
- Customers are more reactive to buy well photographed items than poorly photographed items.
Reasons to use a white background
- White encourages a pleasant user experience and offers the feeling of spaciousness, purity, serenity, and clarity.
- A white background allows the focus to be on the product and not on the background.
- White leaves no room for distraction and competition from other objects, or from strong colors in the background or foreground.
- White backgrounds allow customers to move effortlessly around products hence influencing their buying choices.
- A clean, white background has been proven to enhance engagement levels of customers and thus increasing the click-through rate and the spending velocity.